Friday, August 1, 2008

How To OCP?

I wanted to write last week only but i could not do that....I have a news to share FINALLY I am OCP Certified. I took the exam last week and passed it with 98% marks. I have something rather interesting to share about exam. Guys the exam format has been changed and now it is not a Multiple choice only. Now oracle has adopted Simulation and Multiple choice both for OCP as well. It was tough and moreover surprising. Thank god I used Lab (Personal at Home) during my preparation for exam.
Tips:
1.Set up your Lab
Install VMware
Install Linux ( I used RHEL4)
Install Oracle Database 10g ( R2)
2.Visit Oracle site and have the clear understanding of the Exam Objective for Both the papers
3.Give Sufficient Time to study and Lab (Like in my case i took around 7 month of study and practical)
4.Keep the Oracle Documentation handy. Apart from that i followed Books/materials
1. Oracle database administration 10g workshop -1 ( PDF )
2. Oracle database administration 10g workshop -2 ( PDF )
3. vct- Oracle 10g (Video/CBT)
don’t ask me I got it from where they are copyrighted materials so ...............
5.Try to prepare by doing it on the Lab as much as possible. Simulate all the scenario for recovery (at least what is possible in Lab based environment and under Exam objective)
Tip: Keep a clone of the VMW configuration file so that you can do R & D without any fear of losing installation/configuration. Because with the help of clone/or copy of your VMW configuration file you can build the setup again in few minutes
6. OCP Exam Format has been changed. And now it is Simulation and multiple choice based. I was the one who got tested first on the new format and passed.
7. OCA Format is still the same ( Only Multiple choice ) but they plan to increase the requirement of OCA (going forward it will be 2 paper) also by DEC-2008 so save money get certified before DEC-2008 else you have to spend more money to become OCA.

Thanks i hope the information will help someone ...i will keep on adding things related to certification going forward...
For More Information on oracle certification:
http://education.oracle.com/pls/web_prod-plq-dad/db_pages.getpage?page_id=143

No comments: